photographers are allowed on the bench before, during or after a game. No
parents are allowed on the bench or ice before, during or after a UNLESS they
are on the coaching staff and on the first game sheet. This is due to
new insurance rules as set buy the insurance Company.
tournament will be played
under CHA rules unless specified by the tournament committee and
the tournament rules.
3. All players
must wear CHA or USA approved helmets,
neck guards and full face shields.
All players in contact divisions
must wear mouth guards.
5. Penalties: Minor - 2 minutes, Major - 5 minutes, Misconduct - 10 minutes, All
penalties are stop time * * * See Mercy Rule.
6. The Center Red Line is not in Play.
7. A player can only play for ONE Team and
8. All Coaches and Managers are Responsible for the conduct and actions of their
players, Coaches & Parents during the tournament. Any Abuse, Racial Remarks or
Unbecoming Conduct towards any players, Referee’s, Tournament Officials, Arena
Personal or other Fans will not be Tolerated and will result in the people or
player (s) responsible being ejected for the rest of the tournament and As
well a 5 minute Major Penalty will be assessed to the team with the abusive
player or Parent.
9. All Dressing Rooms Must be left clean by the team. Any room found to be left
dirty will result in a 5 Minute Penalty being Assessed to the team at their next
Game. (We are not Joking).
10. All Teams are only allowed to Register and Dress 19
players. The Roster you
enter on your first game sheet of the tournament is Your Official Roster and
once that first game you play has started, the roster is frozen and no other
players may be added.
11. NO Stick Measurements will be allowed.
12. Automatic Icing will apply at all Games.
13. One 30 Second Time Out per game will be allowed to each team. (No Accumulating).
14. Overtime will only occur in Semi-Final and Final Games.
15. All teams must have a First Aid Bag on the Bench at all Games.
16. All Teams must carry a minimum of $2 Million Dollars in Team Liability
Insurance and the Tournament Committee MUST have a copy of your team Insurance
before the start of the Tournament. No Insurance, No Play !!
17. All Team Managers must have on hand their team
player birth Certificates and
must be prepared to show them if requested by the Tournament Committee. If a
Identification is not available when requested, the team will have ( 1 ) hour to
provide the identification or the Game will be Forfeited !! A Forfeit is a 5
Point Win or 3 Point Tie for any Illegal players, or not having Proper
Identification. The Illegal team will receive “1” point for each Forfeited game.
Add this line after the end of the rule - Any use of Illegal players or using
players not registered on your first game sheet will be grounds for a forfeited
18. All Teams Must have a Qualified First Aider on the Team.
19. All Games will be 15-20-20 stop time periods with a flood every second
period. Each team will be allowed a 3 minute warm up and each game
has a 1 ¾ hr time slot. If an accident Should occur which results
in a time delay or Ambulance being called, Then the Tournament
Committee will notify each Team Coach that the clock will be dropped
( if we cannot finish the game in Regulation time) to two ( 2 )
minutes when there is Five ( 5 ) minutes left in the allotted Time.
All games will be played in the allotted time. *** Any changes will
be decided by the Tournament Committee and their decision is FINAL
20. All Team players and Coaches will Bump Gloves ( as a Way of shaking hands )
instead of the traditional Shaking Hands at the END of each Game.
Home Teams Must
wear light colored Jersey’s. If the home team does not have a light colored
Jersey, The tournament Committee must be notified 1 hr. before the game so other
arrangements can be made. It is the Home Teams responsibility to make sure this
is done. If there Is a delay in the starting of the game, The home team will
receive a 2 minute penalty for Delay of Game.
22. All Contact Teams must carry 2 Goalies !
The alternate goalie must be ready to play at all times.
If a goalie is injured he must be replaced within 2 minutes (
unless seriously injured ) The Replacement Goalie will be allowed
two minutes to stretch and warm-up. Should the starting Goalie
return, No warm-up will be allowed. NON-CONTACT teams
can carry 1 Goalie BUT the above rule will apply for any injured Goalie. No extra time will be allowed
for Equipment Changing
23. MERCY RULE:
If a team is losing by a difference of 6 goals at the start or during the 3rd period
Straight running time will apply and all penalties will be 3 minutes for a Minor, 7 Minutes for a Major, and 15 minutes for a Misconduct. These Penalties will
start at the drop of the Puck. If a
Loosing team gets within 5 goals of the lead, Then Stop time will Resume.
who instigates a fight will be ejected for the rest of the Game and Further
action may be imposed by the Tournament Committee. Their Decision will be Final
If a fight occurs, All skaters must go to their Team Bench. Goaltenders must
stay in their Crease.
Any player leaving the bench will be suspended for the rest of the tournament.
Penalties will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee and their decision will
25. CHECKING FROM BEHIND:
A player may receive a 2 minute Minor or a 5 minute Major penalty from the
referee depending on the severity of the Hit From Behind. The player will sit
out the rest of the game. If the call is in the last 10 minutes of a game, The
player will sit out the Next Game. If a 2nd Hit From Behind occurs from the same
player That player will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament. ** See
Review by Tournament Committee.
26. Electric Ice Sharpening Equipment is not allowed in any Dressing Rooms.
27. STICK INFRACTIONS : ( 3 ) stick infractions in one game, - GAME EJECTION.
28. OVERTIME : Overtime will only be allowed in Semi-Final and Final Games.
29. PROCEDURE : Five on Five for Two Minutes
Four on Four for One Minute
Three on Three for One Minute
Two on Two for One Minute
One on One Until One Team Scores
30. After the 2 minute or each 1 minute mini – period, The Horn will sound and the
Face off will
Occur at the nearest point to the puck when the horn sounded.
- All Mini- Periods are Stop Time.
- You can change
players on the fly during these Mini- Periods.
- You can Pull your Goalie for the extra attacker at any time.
- If a Penalty occurred in the last 2 minutes of regulation time, Then the
Penalty will carry
Over into Overtime.
31. If a Penalty occurs during Overtime, The other Team will be awarded a Penalty
Shot. The player who was involved in the Penalty must take the shot.
ALL OVERTIME IS SUDDEN DEATH
33. All Major Penalties will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee and Their
Decision is Final !!
34. NO PROTESTS will be heard
35. POINTS SYSTEM
5 POINTS FOR A WIN BY 2 OR MORE GOALS
4 POINTS FOR A WIN BY 1 GOAL
3 POINTS FOR A TIE
2 POINTS FOR A LOSS BY ONE GOAL
1 POINT FOR A LOSS BY 2 OR MORE GOALS
36. TIE BREAKER SYSTEM
RECORD BETWEEN THE TEAMS TIED if
tied teams did not play against each other then goals for minus
goals against will apply - The maximum goals allowed for a Goals For
versus Goals Against differential in a blow out game will be 7 goals
( example - 9 to 1 game. maximum is 7 goals.
GOALS FOR minus Goals Against (best plus advances).
LEAST PENALTY MINUTES.
FLIP OF THE COIN
37. No Air Horns are allowed
as they can break a Ear Drum.
38. No Liquor or Beer is
Allowed in Rinks During Tournament Games !!!
Good Luck To All Teams !!!!